Tuesday 11 October 2011

Here we go!

Filling in the nomination forms tonight for school board trustee in School District 57 Prince George. It's quite the stack of papers to read through! The prospect of a campaign and the public office makes me a bit nervous but also excited to take on the challenge. I'm looking forward to listening, advocating for students and schools, and keeping the school district accountable for high standards in education... programs, services, decisions, relationships. I think I'll bring a unique perspective to the board -- I've attended school in three countries and six provinces..... some of these were amazing and some were a disaster, but I've emerged with a very strong sense of how students perceive the schools, teachers, and systems in which they find themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like there will be lots of competition, 18 on the list. good luck!