Thursday 20 October 2011

Platform

I've set down my ideas and reasons why I'll work on behalf of students, schools, and communities in My Election Platform.  The document has more detail, but here is a quick version of my top ten issues:
1. Safe Schools - drug users, dealers, & bullies need not be given multiple chances
2. Improving role for parents - they need a say on programs forced on students
3. Improving communication with trustees - more interaction, less passive listening
4. Support for rural schools - important for food security and resource stability
5. The student experience - protect elective programs and special needs funding
6. Effective technology - the district is saying and doing two different things
7. Honesty in Education - more open talk, less politics and message-management
8. Long-term planning - current key plans are inconsistent or non-existent
9. Building Bridges - management and teachers are far apart on important goals
10. Real Sustainability - green schools, reduce/recover carbon taxes

I will ask the tough questions to get these issues on the table and I will use my ideas and your ideas to get results.

1 comment:

Nate said...

that's an impressive list, I hope you get a chance to put them into action. I'm curious now about number 6-8, sounds like intrigue over on Ferry avenue