Sunday 20 November 2011

35 of 41 polls reporting !!!

With the results mostly in, it looks like I made it onto the board. The polls as of late last night show me at seven of seven, a real squeaker. I am honoured to be chosen for trustee. There were sixteen candidates running for seven seats, two of which had dropped out, so I really hope the seven that didn't make it are willing to stay active as advocates for public education and share their ideas with the new board. All of the dialogue leading up to the election focused on a more open school board office and more responsive board of trustees. This is what I ran for and this is what I will come back to as a focus. The issues I thought were important included teacher support, student support, communication, planning, rural education, technology, and real sustainability. Other issues will come up in the next three years and I hope to continue the commitment from all of the candidates for a more inclusive and transparent process for change. I'd especially like to thank the CORES rural school support group for encouraging excellent dialogue among the candidates, and for all of the teachers, parents, and family who asked good questions, offered support, and provided a student-centered perspective for my campaign. In the coming weeks, I look forward to learning the ropes and start working for some practical, creative actions in the next three years that will benefit our students and school communities.

No comments: